Wrinkles are a natural part of ageing. These are prominently seen on sun-exposed skin like the face, neck, hands, and forearms. Even if genetics determines the structure and texture of the skin, most of the premature wrinkling is due to sun exposure. Pollution, smoking, and excessive alcohol drinking also contribute to wrinkles.
If you find your wrinkles bothersome, you can check for different options to smoothen or make them less visible. There are some medications, skin-resurfacing techniques, surgery, and fillers that help smoothen out the skin. There are also non-surgical wrinkle treatments in Toronto or laser in Guelph and other parts of the country if you want a safe and minimally invasive option.
Is Non-Surgical Beauty Treatment For You?
To know if an injectable anti-wrinkle treatment is good for you, here are 3 important factors that you need to consider:
Will it be administered and supervised by a medical doctor?
Even if you are going to undergo non-surgical treatment, it still matters that a licensed and qualified medical professional would administer it. The facial anatomy of a person is very complex, and every person has a unique anatomical variation that needs to be taken into consideration. A medical doctor is knowledgeable on how to treat these variations.
Is the product used genuine?
Make sure to ask your doctor what products will be used. You have to be familiar with the names to identify if they are genuine. If you are not dealing with a licensed professional you are at risk of getting jabbed with fake products which could have negative effects on the body.
Do you understand the risks involved?
There are risks involved even for non-surgical wrinkle treatments. You are likely to suffer from headaches, pain on the injection site, swelling, redness, bruising, aching, tingling, itching, nausea, flu-like symptoms, dead skin, and in the worst cases, nerve damage, and loss of vision.
Pros of Non-Surgical Treatments
Non-traditional facelifts are less evasive than traditional methods. These can help your skin look younger while you enjoy these benefits:
- More cost-effective – If you are running low on the bank, you can opt for a non-surgical facelift which offers a good value for money.
- No serious pain involved – There is minimal discomfort and pain experienced after a non-surgical procedure. You can rest so that you can go back to your usual routine with ease.
- Short procedure – A non-surgical facelift requires no anaesthesia and other medication. The procedure can be completed within an hour, so you can return to your activities sooner.
- Naturally-rejuvenated look – A non-surgical facelift requires no skin cutting or pulling but instead plums and volumizes the face for a more youthful look.
- Minimal care – The aftercare involved in non-surgical facelifts is minimal, you will feel less discomfort. The discomfort is relatively short-lived and can be managed with just over-the-counter medication.
- Fewer risks involved – There will still be minor risks involved such as infection and complications from anaesthesia.
Cons and the Ugly Side of Non-Surgical Facelifts
There are different benefits to non-surgical facelifts, but there are some disadvantages as well. These are two:
- Need for regular touch-ups – Injectables get absorbed by the body over a period of time, so you will need regular touch-ups to keep the results.
- Added costs over time – Although non-surgical facelifts start as cost-effective, the check-ups and touch-ups are additional costs that you need to prepare for.
Wrinkles are a normal part of a person’s life. However, if you are bothered by the lines and folds on your face and other parts of the body, getting non-surgical facelifts can significantly help at a lesser cost. Even with some disadvantages, the benefits far outweigh them.